The Undergraduate Library opened in 1958. At the time, it was “the second library of its kind in this country.” The only other University to have its undergraduate library in a separate building was Harvard.
The original Undergraduate Library had a plain exterior, with brightly colored décor on the inside, earning it the nickname “the UGLi.” Nearly 40 years later, the building was renovated. It reopened as the Shapiro Undergraduate Library in 1995.
New General Library