See our main website for complete information about library spaces, collections, and services.
This site has limited content
Current Page Path
Browse results for: Religious Studies in Databases
Highly Recommended Databases
1 - 3 of 3
- ATLA with ATLASerials (EBSCO)
ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials is the full text version of the ATLA Religion Database (ATLA). This database is a collection of ...
- Index Islamicus (Ebsco)
Indexes materials on Islam, the Middle East, and the entire Muslim world from periodicals, monographs, and other collections in ...
- Index Religiosus
Reference bibliography for academic publications in Theology, Religious Studies and Church History
1 - 149 of 149
- Acta Sanctorum Database
The Acta Sanctorum Database is a searchable electronic version of the hagiographical materials published by the Société des B ...
- America in Records from Colonial Missionaries, 1635-1928
Letters and other materials of the North American branch of the United Society Partners in Gospel, a missionary organization.
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions in Turkey
Digital archive for the administrative records of the ABCFM headquarters in Istanbul, Amerikan Bord Heyeti
- American Indian Correspondence: Presbyterian Historical Society Collection of Missionaries' Letters, 1833-1893
Digital archive of letters to and from the Board of Foreign Missions of the Presbyterian Church in the United States.
- Ancient Judaism & Early Christianity Online
Online collection of ebook versions of volumes in the series Ancient Judaism & Early Christianity
- Archives of the Church of Uganda
Valuable source for the early history of Uganda documenting the Church of the Province of Uganda from the 1880s to the early 1980s
- Archives of the Presbyterian Church of Cuba Online
Digitized periodicals, records, documents, photographs, and ephemera valuable for the historical and genealogical study of Cuban society
The ARTstor Digital Library provides over 1.5 million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences.
The Atharvaveda came to be known as one of the four Indian Vedas and is one of the most significant and influential ancient Indian texts.
This collection contains close to 300 digitized images of each of the eight volumes of the Atharvaveda. This ancient birch-bark manuscript…
- Bezalel Narkiss Index of Jewish Art
Collection of digitized images and descriptions for objects, artifacts and drawings from antiquity to the modern day
- Bibel, Martin Luther Translation
This version of the Luther translation of the Bible is derived from the edition published by the Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft (1984).
- Bible in English
This database contains twenty-one different versions of the English Bible.
- The Bible in English (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Contains the complete English text of twenty versions of the Bible.
- Bible: King James Version
Original electronic text for this version of the Bible was provided by the Oxford Text Archive.
- Bible: Revised Standard Version
An online version of the Revised Standard Bible.
- Bibliographic Information Base in Patristics
Database of literature in patristics
- Biographical Encyclopedia of Islamic Philosophy
Covers major and minor philosophers, theologians and mystics contributing to the various developments within Islamic philosophy
- Die Bischöfe des Heiligen Römischen Reiches und der deutschsprachigen Länder
Online version of the biographical dictionary of bishops of the Holy Roman Empire
- Bloomsbury Collections
Selected online books in philosophy, classical studies, and other fields from Bloomsbury Publishing
- Book of Mormon
The electronic text of the Book of Mormon was provided by Project Gutenberg and subsequently marked up at the HTI in SGML.
- BREPOLiS Databases Portal
Listing of Brepols online databases, bibliographies, dictionaries, indexes, encyclopedias and full-text resources
- Brepols Online
Humanities e-journals and e-books from the publisher Brepols, specializing in classics and medieval studies.
- The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek (Montanari Online)
Online version of the English translation of the essential modern dictionary for Ancient Greek
- Brill Dictionary of Religion
Covers a wide range of theologies, religions and religious phenomena on a global scale
- Brill E-Books
Over 5,000 e-books in humanities, international studies and social sciences from the publisher Brill, 2007 - present.
- Brill Encyclopedia of Early Christianity Online
Resource focused on the of history early Christian texts, authors, and ideas, bridging New Testament studies and Patristics
- Brill Journals
Humanities and International Studies journals from the publisher Brill
- Brill Online Reference Works
Cross-searches many of Brill's online reference works
- Brill’s Encyclopaedia of the Neo-Latin World
Essential reference for the history and cultural influence of Neo-Latin
- Brill’s Encyclopedia of Hinduism
Presents the latest research on all the main aspects of the Hindu traditions.
- Brill’s Encyclopedia of Sikhism Online
Important thematic reference work of in-depth scholarship on all main aspects of Sikh traditions and community
- Cambridge Companions Online
Contains more than 700 full-text Cambridge Companion titles, in subjects spanning the humanities and social sciences.
- Cambridge Core
Database providing electronic access to journals and books published by Cambridge University Press.
- Cambridge Histories Online
Contains more than 350 full-text volumes, in 15 subject areas across the humanities and social sciences.
- Catholic Periodical & Literature (EBSCO)
The Catholic Periodical and Literature Index (CPLI) Online is the product of a partnership between ATLA and the Catholic Library ...
- Christian-Muslim Relations Online (600-1500)
Part one of the online version of an essential bibliographical history of relations between these two faiths
- Christian-Muslim Relations Online II (1500-1900)
Part two of the online version of an essential bibliographical history of relations between these two faiths
- Contemporary American Religion
More than 500 articles cover the broad range of popular religious culture of the United States at the close of the twentieth century. ...
- Context of Scripture Online
Online version of this reference for significant texts, inscriptions and documents for the study of the Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near East
- Coptic Gnostic Library Online
Contains all the texts of the Nag Hammadi codices, both in the original Coptic and in translation.
- Cult of Saints in Late Antiquity (CSLA)
Database of early evidence for the cult of Christian saints (up to around AD 700)
- Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Library : Biblical Texts
Online Hebrew transcription and English translation of the Biblical texts from the Dead Sea Scrolls with high resolution images
- Dead Sea Scrolls Electronic Library : Non-Biblical Texts
Online Hebrew transcription and English translation of the non-Biblical texts from the Dead Sea Scrolls with high resolution images
- Dictionary of Deities and Demons in the Bible: DDD
Contains articles on the named gods, angels, and demons in the books of the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint and Apocrypha & New Testament.
- Dictionnaire d'histoire et de géographie ecclésiastiques (DHGE)
Extensive articles on the history of the Church
- Digital Edition of the Coptic Old Testament
Valuable database of resources for the Coptic-Sahidic Old Testament
- Digital Library of Classic Protestant Texts
Digital facsimiles and searchable full-text, in a variety of languages, of the works of 16th & 17th century Protestant Reformers.
- Digital Library of the Catholic Reformation
Digital facsimiles and searchable full-text, in a variety of languages, of the works of 16th & 17th century Catholic authors.
- Early Western Korans Online
Exemplars of Qur'ans and Qur'an translations in Arabic, Latin, German, French, English, Dutch, and Hebrew printed between 1537 and 1857
- Encyclopaedia Judaica
The standard reference work on Judaism, with more than 21,000 signed entries on Jewish life, culture, history and religion, written by ...
- Encyclopaedia of Islam
Platform for cross-searching titles related to the Encyclopaedia of Islam
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, First Edition (1913-1936)
An encyclopedic work on Islam
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition
The electronic version of the Encyclopaedia of Islam, volumes I - XII.
- Encyclopaedia of Islam, Three
New edition, in progress, covers Islam in the twentieth century, Muslim minorities worldwide, social sciences, humanisties.
- Encyclopaedia of Judaism
Online version of The Encyclopaedia of Judaism, Second Edition (2005).
- Encyclopaedia of the Qur’ān Online
Encyclopaedic dictionary of qur'ānic terms, concepts, personalities, place names, cultural history and exegesis.
- Encyclopedia of American Religions
Contains general essays that historically trace the major religious families and traditions, as well as directory listings that include ...
- Encyclopedia of Ancient Greek Language and Linguistics
Scholarly and multidisciplinary encyclopedia for the study of Ancient Greek.
- Encyclopedia of Ancient History
Online version of the comprehensive collection of entries covering the entire ancient Mediterranean world, including the Near East and Egypt
- Encyclopedia of Buddhism
This encyclopedia describes the Buddhist world view, basic teachings and practices of Buddhism, as well as its different schools and ...
- Encyclopedia of Christianity
Standard reference for the study of Christianity past and present
- Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World
This encyclopedia looks at Islam's role in the modern world, doing so in context of the religion's history and development over the ...
- Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim world (2nd ed)
Reference work for the history, religion, cultural practices, and political economies of Muslim communities across the centuries
- Encyclopedia of Jewish History and Culture Online
Covers the recent history of the Jewish people from 1750 through the 1950s.
- Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World
Covers Jews of Muslim lands particularly in the late medieval, early modern and modern periods.
- Encyclopedia of Religion
The second edition of this highly regarded encyclopedia, intended to reflect both changes in academia and in the world since 1987, ...
- Encyclopedia of Science and Religion
Addresses the interactions, contradictions, and tensions between science and religion, both historically and in contemporary life. The ...
- Encyclopedia of the Bible and its Reception (EBR) Online
EBR offers a comprehensive and in-depth rendering of the current state of knowledge on the origins and development of the Bible ...
- Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures Online
Covers research on gender studies and the Islamic world.
- Evangelism in Africa: Correspondence of the Board of Foreign Missions, 1835-1910
Digital archive of diaries and letters and other first-person accounts documenting Presbyterian missions in Africa.
- Evangelism and the Syria-Lebanon Mission: Correspondence of the Board of Foreign Missions, 1869-1910
Digital archive documenting the missionary work of the Presbyterian Church in Syria and Lebanon.
- Flavius Josephus Online
Online version of the new English translation and literary-historical commentary for the works of Josephus
- Geschichte des globalen Christentums Online
German version of this valuable reference work tracing the global shift experienced by Christianity from the 16th c to the present
- De Gruyter Online Books (temporarily expanded COVID-19 access through July 31, 2020)
E-books from Walter de Gruyter and 13 major university presses (Columbia, Harvard, Princeton, U. of California, Chicago, etc.)
- Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament Online
Online edition of the English translation of this valuable lexicon of the Hebrew Bible
- Hebrew and Judeo-Arabic Printing in Baghdad Online
Early and rare Hebraica from the Valmadonna Trust Library, London
- Hebrew, Judeo-Arabic, and Marathi Jewish Printing in India Online
Selection of rare printed books from the Valmadonna Trust Library, London
- Historical Atlas of Islam
Online version of the 2nd expanded edition of this valuable atlas, a companion to the Encyclopaedia of Islam. Edited by Hugh Kennedy.
- Historical Atlas of the Islamic World
Among the great civilizations of the world, Islam remains an enigma to Western readers. Now, in a beautifully illustrated historical ...
- History of Global Christianity Online
English version of this valuable reference work tracing the global shift experienced by Christianity from the 16th century to the present
- Humanities and Social Sciences Index (with Abstracts and Full Text)
Covers 1,500+ periodicals across all humanities and social sciences fields, 1907 - present.
- The Hungarian Reformation Online
Full text collection of original writings by Hungarian church reformers, from the 1540s through the 1650s.
- Index Buddhicus Online
Comprehensive bibliography of Buddhist Studies
- Index of Medieval Art
Provides subject and iconographic access to over 200,000 images and data from early apostolic times through the 16th c
- Index to Jewish Periodicals
Index to Jewish Periodicals is the definitive index on Jewish history, activity and thought. This database provides a comprehensive ...
- International Medieval Bibliography (IMB)
Index to articles, chapters, Festschriften, conference proceedings, and essays on all aspects of medieval studies
- Islamic Medical & Scientific Ethics
Citations, some with abstracts or tables of contents, to literature on on Islamic medical and scientific ethics. Database covers ...
- Islamic Painted Page
Database of references for Persian, Ottoman, Arab, and Mughal painted decoration.
- Jewish Studies Source
Collection of full-text serials and books relevant for the study of Jewish history and heritage
- Journal of Muslim Mental Health
Volume 6- (2011-). Open to the world.|The Journal of Muslim Mental Health is an interdisciplinary peer-reviewed academic journal and publis…
- JSTOR (temporarily expanded COVID-19 access through August 31, 2020)
Full-text access to the archives of 2,600+ journals and 32,000+ books in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- KeiBi Online (Keilschriftbibliographie - Cuneiform Bibliography)
Bibliography of Ancient Near Eastern studies originally appearing in Orientalia N.S. Bd. 9; Band 1 (1939 - 1940) -- current (Band 68 (2009))
- The Koran
This is an electronic version of The Holy Qur'an, translated by M.H. Shakir and published by Tahrike Tarsile Qur'an, Inc., in 1983.
- Kotar Reference Library
Collection of reference materials, scholarly books, biographies, and other materials related to Israeli and Jewish topics
- Latin Texts
This collection contains classic texts from Virgil, Ovid, Bacon and De Lille.
- The Leon Levy Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library
Free online digitized virtual library of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Library of Latin Texts - Series A (LLT-A)
Scholarly latin texts from Antiquity to the twentieth century.
- Library of Latin Texts - Series B
Supplement to Library of Latin Texts-A.
- Luthers Werke
The complete Weimar Edition of Martin Luther's writings. Consists of over 117 quarto volumes published in full with the exception of ...
- Missionary Archives from Lesotho 1832-2006
Ethnographic and historical archives from missionary activity in Lesotho during the years 1832-2006
- Moses Maimonides, Unparalleled Editions
Digital collection of works by the Jewish spiritual leader Moses Maimonides.
- New Catholic Encyclopedia
A standard in public, academic, and high school libraries worldwide, and prized for its scholarly presentation of persons and subjects ...
- New Catholic Encyclopedia Jubilee Volume
This supplement focuses on the pontificate of John Paul II and includes thematic essays that present the man and his work. Included as ...
- New Testament Abstracts (EBSCO)
New Testament Abstracts Online is a product of a partnership between ATLA and the Weston Jesuit School of Theology. The database is an ...
- Old Testament Abstracts (EBSCO)
Old Testament Abstracts Online is a product of a partnership between ATLA and the Catholic Biblical Association. The database features ...
- Online Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek-English Lexicon
Online version, revised and updated, of the Oxford University Press printed dictionary.
- Organs and Churches of Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic
This collection contains photographs of historical pipe organs in Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic. Most of these images have appear…
- Organs and Churches of Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic
This collection contains photographs of historical pipe organs in Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic.
- Oxford Biblical Studies Online
Comprehensive resource for the study of the Bible and biblical history
- Oxford Handbooks Online
Database of over 30,000 articles from more than 900 handbooks published by OUP across 16 subject areas.
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online
Brings together current scholarship in the field and promotes accurate and informed understanding of the Islamic world.
- Oxford Reference Online
Over 400 dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford University Press.
- Parker Library on the Web (Medieval Manuscripts)
Web-based workspace for working with Parker Medieval Manuscript Library (Cambridge)
- Patrologia Latina
Contains 221 volumes of early Christian (patristic) writings in their original Latin.
- Patrologia Latina Database (Chadwyck-Healey version)
Contains 221 volumes of early Christian (patristic) writings in their original Latin.
- Patrologia Orientalis Database
Corpus of patristic texts from the Christian East published in the Patrologia Orientalis series available online
- The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, a Project of the Pew Research Center
Covers issues at the intersection of religion and public affairs in the U.S. and around the world.
- Pew Research Center
Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world.
- Philosophy in the Islamic World Online: 8th-10th Centuries
Online version of this reference work devoted to the history of philosophy in the realms of Islam in its formative period
- Prosopography of the Byzantine World (PBW)
Database for prosopographical reading of Byzantine sources, 1025-1180
- Qurʾān Concordance Online Compiled by: Thomas Milo
The Qurʾān Concordance is a unique finding aid which allows users to identify and localize text fragments, or even snippets, of the Qurʾān.
Selective bibliography of articles in the various fields of Jewish studies and in the study of Eretz Israel.
- Records of the Hajj
Online version of the documentary history of the pilgrimage to Mecca
- Records of the Kurds
Online version of this collection of British documentary sources on the history of the Kurds
- Reference Guide to Holocaust Literature
Provides biographical and critical essays on 223 writers connected to or concerned with the Holocaust, as well as separate essays on ...
- Religion Past and Present (RPP) Online
Online version of the 4th edition of the English-language world religion encyclopedia, based upon Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart (RGG)
- Renaissance Liturgical Imprints: A Census (RELICS)
A database of citations to over 13,000 liturgical titles printed in Europe between 1450 and 1600.
- Responsa Project
Contains works from the Jewish Responsa literature, e.g., rabbinic case-law rulings, the Talmud and other major codes & commentaries, etc.
- Rheims Bible: The New Testament
This version of the Rheims version of the Bible was prepared by Jeffery Triggs of the OED's North American Reading Program.
- Russian Academy of Sciences Bibliographies
Indexes 12,500 peridiocals plus books, dissertations, etc. in the humanities and social sciences published in Russia & East Europe.
- Sacramentum Mundi Online
Online edition of the famous six volume English encyclopedia in Catholic theology
- SALT Research Digital archives (Turkey)
Digitized correspondence, drawings, photographs, maps, and numerous other documents for the history of Turkey and the Ottoman Empire
- Shoah Foundation's Visual History Archive (full access)
The Visual History Archive contains 55,000 audiovisual interviews with survivors of the Holocaust and other genocides.
- Sociology of Islam
Sociology of Islam explores modern social, political and economic transformations in Muslim Societies. Volume 1 (2013)-.
- Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah Online
Online collection of ebook versions of the renowned series Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah
- T&T Clark Jesus Library
Core resources for studying the life of Jesus Christ and his impact on history and culture
- Textual History of the Bible Online
Online version of this important resource for the textual study of the Bible
- Theological Commons
Digital library of over 80,000 resources on theology and religion
- Theology and Society Online: The Second and Third Centuries of the Hijra
Online, searchable version of the English translation of Josef van Ess’s monumental study on Islamic intellectual and religious history
- Tibetan Buddhist Resource Center Digital Library
Includes images of thousands of Tibetan Buddhist texts.
- Turkologischer Anzeiger = Turkology annual
Bibliography for Turkology and Ottoman Studies
- Very Short Introductions Online
Short ebooks that provide introductions to hundreds of subjects.
- Vocabulary for the Study of Religion Online
Overview of critical terms for the study of religion
- Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist Periodicals, 1744-1960
Materials relating to the Wesleyan movement and Primitive Methodism.
- World Christian Database (WCD)
Worldwide statistical data on Christianity.
- World Religion Database
International religious demographic statistics and sources
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Religious Practices
Worldmark Encyclopedia of Religious Practices presents detailed information on current religious practices around the world, with an ...
- Yizkor (Holocaust Memorial) Books
Yizkor (memorial) books are an invaluable source of information to researchers as they are often the only resource for vital ...