Starting Monday September 28, the Shapiro Design Lab Media Production Rooms (Winberg Audio Production Room and Perlstein Editing Room) are open for reservations between 10am-5 pm. The way you use the Design Lab Media Production Rooms (MPR) will be different for Fall 2020. The rooms are open to all members of the U-M community and you must your MCard to enter Shapiro Library. The MPRs will be available for single person use by reservation only for a maximum of 2 hours per day. Bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance. You will be able to book the MPR up to 14 days out. Rooms will be cleaned by custodians after each use and microphones used in the Winberg Room will be quarantined for a week after each session.
To make a reservation, take and pass the Design Lab Canvas course, the reservation calendar is then available for you to access. If you have questions about the process or need assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for the Day of Your Reservation & Library Study Space Guidelines.
- As always, wear your face covering, maintain proper physical distancing and complete your daily ResponsiBlue screening
- Access Shapiro Library west entrance with your Mcard
- Please arrive at your designated reservation time. We will not have waiting space inside the library
- Check-in at the greeter’s desk – no key is needed, the door will be unlocked
- If someone is in the room, kindly show them your confirmation email – Inform staff at the greeter's desk to have room cleaned before using
- MPR is single-use – no group or paired study
- No food or drink permitted, with the exception of a water bottle with a closable lid
- Once in the room with the door closed you may remove your face covering. You must wear a face covering anytime the door is open and in all other areas of the library
- The MPR has been cleaned by custodial staff prior to each use – please refrain from putting any alcohol or sanitizers on equipment in the space as to not damage equipment
- Headphones and/or adapter jacks are provided in the room for your use – if needed take from the “Clean” bin and when finished using, place in the “Used” bin for quarantine and cleaning
- Please leave at the end of your reservation – this allows for adequate cleaning and air circulation time