It's that time again! Hard to imagine that we need to start hiring for the Fall already, but the Summer goes by quickly. Feel free to share the job posting below. Our deadline for applying for the Fall semester will be on August 15th.
Computer & Video Game Archive Assistant
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous experience working in a library or archive setting.
- Knowledge of and experience playing a large number of old & new video games.
- Knowledge of and experience using software related to PC games (Steam, DOSBox, etc.)
- Experience building/repairing PC computers and/or video game consoles.
- Experience designing posters and informative displays.
- Experience giving tours or coordinating special events.
- Other than an enthusiasm for video/computer games, what interests you in the position?
- This position involves a lot of self-initiated projects. Keeping in mind that our main mission is to preserve and give people access to computer and video games for the purpose of academic study, what types of projects would you most like to work on during your employment here? Feel free to use this job posting, our blog, your knowledge of past CVGA events, etc. for inspiration.
- Please note any experience you have through previous jobs, class projects, personal hobbies, etc. involving the following skills: Building/repairing computers or game consoles (especially older ones), or installing/troubleshooting game software.
- Please note any experience you have through previous jobs, class projects, personal hobbies, etc. involving the following skills: Designing posters/displays, giving tours, or contributing professional-level content to blogs and other social media sources.
- How many semesters would you anticipate working at the CVGA? Please give an estimated end date if possible.
- Are you planning to be available to work during the Spring/Summer 2014 semester? If so, please note approximately how many hours you would like to work.