We are excited to announce that we're hiring again for the CVGA! We're looking for 1-2 student workers to start within the next month. More about the position:
Work at the Computer & Video Game Archive (CVGA) desk to circulate games, answer questions, and enforce archive policies. Test donated games and equipment, help install software/hardware, help restore older game systems and equipment, etc. Assist in running class sessions in the CVGA. Contribute to the archive blog.
Educational value of this job: Gain experience working in an academic library, and gain knowledge of the inner workings of a library special collection. Gain experience restoring newer & older computers/consoles. Increase your knowledge of the video game and media industry.
The person in this position periodically moves audio/visual equipment weighing 30 pounds or more.
• The ability to provide great customer service.
• The ability to effectively communicate and support our mission.
• The ability to communicate with larger groups of people while giving tours.
• Attention to detail.
At least 3 of the following:
• Previous customer service experience.
• Previous experience working in a library or archive setting.
• Knowledge of and experience playing a large number of old & new video games.
• Knowledge of and experience using software related to PC games (Steam, DOSBox, etc.)
• Experience building/repairing PC computers and/or video game consoles.
• Experience designing posters and informative displays.
• Experience giving tours or coordinating special events.
To apply, please fill out this Google Form. We will get back to you with any follow-up questions.